Sunday, December 16, 2012

Boracay: Shangri-la Boracay Candle light dinner

It's our 7th year Anniversary for us so we'll gonna make sure that it will be special. If we spent our 6th Anniversary last year at Heat Shangri-la, now we'll take it to a new level and spend the night at Shangri-la Boracay.
``Shangri-la Boracay is located at very far end of Station 1. It's on the outcasted part of the island where private people preferred to stay. If you're wondering how we got there, Shangrila Boracay provides a free shuttle service for their customers at D'Mall. (every 10-15 minutes)
MAKE SURE that you had your reservation. As for us, we managed to have our reservation even the time that we are still in Manila. Their set up for their dinner buffet is at Vintana. Only to find out upon our arrival Cande light dinner outside beside the pool area (Alon Bar) will be the place. Hmm. I'm not sure if I should be happy or not? Anyway, so the price for their buffet is 1,800++ pesos per head. So if you'll do the math it's   3,600++ pesos for both of us. 

So let's see what they've got.
``This is the place for their dinner buffet. You will be assisted immediately going to your table with their warm greetings
``Very simple table set up
``Cold towels were also provided
``Long tables for groups. Actually, I didn't see any Filipino guest during that time except for us. Almost everyone were Americans, Chinese and Japanese.
``Live band serenading the guest were also present. My favorite part of the entire evening. It really made our celebration special. The voice is Superb. His voice is like Brian Mcknight or Luke Mijares. It made me WOW!

``Tall coconut trees across the tables. 
``Comfort room for woman
``Comfort room for man

*So let's go with their food*
``Bread Section
``Salad bar section
``Pasta Section
``Desserts section
``Sushi, Maki, Sashimi section


``Grilled section
``Noodles section
``Shawarma ingredients
``Skewers section
``Dipings and Sauces
``Salad section
``Shawarma station
``Dark Chocolate Marble Cake- Nothing special
``I forgot this one but tastes like macaroons.  
``Apple Fritters  
 ``Leche Flan with beans
 ``Creme Brule- The only thing I enjoyed
 ``Fresh Fruits
``Fruit mousse on shot glass

*Here is the plate of the hungry bears*
Plate 1: Wrapped Shawarma - Very nice. The pita bread is soft and the shawarma filling is tasty
Plate 2: Skewers: Lack of taste. All I've tasted is the pepper. Very tough.
Plate 3: Filipino Style Liempo - The usual taste around the market | Angus Beef - Simple taste but delicious.
Plate 4: Baked Potato - As the name itself. I just put some cream so it can have a little taste.
Plate 5: Carbonara - I forgot what type it is but it's yummy. Though lack of thickness with the sauce.
Plate 6: Pesto - It's delicious because I am a pesto fan but as you can see, it is swimming in it's own oil.
Plate 7: Seafood- OH MY GOD. I am really disappointed! Actually I am expecting to have seafood galore since we are in Boracay. But I was wrong. The seafood is just boiled. No other dishes around. And as you can see, the seafoods were so tiny! I thought I will have some giant Crabs, Lobsters, and Shellfishes but then again, it failed me. 
Plate 8: Breads - I just want to taste these. And yes, It's delicious.
Plate 9: Salmon soup - Very yummy and tasty
Plate 10: Antipasti and some Maki - Just right.
Plate 11: Fried noodles and Vegetable Lumpia - Too salty and oily.
Plate 12: Panda wrapped chicken - Very tender but I am still looking for some taste           

*And here's for our desserts*
If you're one of my regular readers, you'll know how sweet tooth we are. But as you can see, It's the only dessert we have. Because, that's what they only had!

*And here's our bill after*
Which took around 30 minutes from the time we've asked for it. TSK!


*What's my review?*
If we will just look at their service, they deserve 10/10. (Not included the 30 minutes we've waited for our bill though). And with their Live Band serenading the guest, it's hands down! It's actually the star of the night for us. But food wisely, I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED. We are very much willing to spend money provided that the food that we will eat is good. They have very much limited selection of food. What I thought is we can have seafoods galore during that time because obviously it is Boracay. I really regret that we've spend that amount of money for that food. I very much enjoyed the food we ate in Paluto @ D' Talipapa than these! If ever I will come back here, it's for their accommodation but NOT with their buffet. tsk! :(

4 comments:

  1. Exсellent post. I ωas checkіng constantly thіѕ blοg and І am impresseԁ!
    Extremely helpful іnfo specially the lаst pагt :
    ) I care fοr such info much. I was lookіng for this particular informatіon fοr a νery long time.
    Thank you anԁ good luсk.

    Fееl frеe to surf tо my blog .
    .. Best movers santa Monica ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a topic that is close to my heart... Cheers!

    Where are your contact details though?

    Also visit my web blog - Indonesisch Restaurant Indonesia Eindhoven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on with thiѕ write-up, I reаllу feеl this web site neeԁѕ much mοre аttention.
    I'll probably be back again to read more, thanks for the info!

    My web-site boracay hotel christmas promo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog οften and I гeally thаnk
    уοu for уour infoгmatiοn.
    This article haѕ trulу pеakеd my interest.
    Ι wіll boοκ mагk your webѕitе
    and keep сhecκing for new dеtails about onсe pеr ωeek.
    I opted in foг your RSЅ feeԁ as ωell.


    Ϻу blog pοst; philippine travel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...