Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sonjas Cupcake @ Serendra!


Like what I’ve always said, my sister always recommends something for us to try. It’s not actually part of the plan because we will just go to S&R that time to buy groceries and some goodies. And then she told me that I should try Sonja’s Cupcake (Sonya's Cupcake) and be mesmerized with its taste. Exaggerated as I thought when she describes it but out of curiosity, I’ve tried it. It’s just a walking distance from S&R, located in Serendra, their only branch in the Philippines.

``Their store is a dolly-house inspired.

*Here's a glimpse of their Store*
``Open Kitchen at the back of the cashier









*Here's their menu*





*Here are some samples of their cupcake*
``Peppermint Patty (72 pesos)
``Mocha Motion (72 pesos)
``Choco cream pie (110 pesos)
``Valrhona Flourless Chocolate Cupcake (105 pesos)
``Peanut Butter Nutella (95 pesos)
``Lemon Drop (68 pesos)
``Chocolate Surprise (65 pesos)
``Vanilla Sunshine (65 pesos)
``Berry Delight Strawberry Cheesecake (115 pesos)
``Berries and Cream (105 pesos)
``Flourless Chocolate (110 pesos)
``Elvis (115 pesos)
``PB&J (78 pesos)
``Mocha Motion (72 pesos)
``Red Velvet (78 pesos)
``Valrhona Milk Choco-Hazelnut Tart (88 pesos)
``Bunny Hugger Carrot Cupcake(80 pesos)
``Fudge Brownie (115 pesos)
``First Box (I'm sorry for the missing cupcakes, I just can't help it. tihih!)
``Red Velvet - One of their best sellers. The cream cheese is so light and creamy while the bread itself is really moist. 
``Choco cream pie - One of their bestsellers also. MYGAAAAHD! I go crazy over this one! I'm such a buttercream girl and I went gaga when I ate this. I just can' get over when the time I finished eating this one. I kept on talking and talking about this even hours had passed already. 
``Peanut Butter Nutella - I'm surprised when I tasted this one. I thought the peanut butter and Nutella flavor will clash and over power each other, but I was wrong, the flavors just perfectly blended having this creamy texture. 
``Flourless Chocolate Cake - I will warn you, this cannot be eaten easily. Why? The moment that you'll take a bite with this one, it will collapse because of the out of this world softness of the cupcake with oozing chocolate flavor inside.  
``2nd box
``Strawberry Pistachio - Wasn't able to try this because someone eat it already. hahah. But just by looking at the picture, you know it's really delish right? :)
``Vanilla Sunshine- It has different colors but they just have the same taste. Kids will surely love it. Sweet frosting with soft bread  is simple yet adorable. 
``Lemon Drop - What I least like above all. I don't say that it's not delicious. In fact, you can taste the tangy lemon-y flavor every bite. I just find the Lemon flavor too strong and even my nephew doesn't want to eat it because it's really sour. I guess Lemon and Bread don't compliment with each other.
``Chocolate Surprise -Based on my tastebuds, the frosting of this one is so chocolate-y goodness. Though there's nothing special with this one. 
``Choco-Hazelnut tart - It has this rich and gooey dark chocolate filling, on a soft tart shell. Also delicious.
``Choco Cream Pie - I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't find the right word to describe this little angel over here. This is the best cupcake I've ever had in my entire life (so far
``Here's a closer look (I'm actually craving while doing this entry). If you're a buttercream girl, or simply loves icing, you'll go crazy with this one. You'll enjoy every bite you will take, it will melt in your mouth. Crumbs of cookie bed as its base, filled with heaven sent belgian chocolate with light, thick and creamy icing on top! whew!
`Mocha Motion - Just like their Chocolate surprise only that it has the mocha flavor taste.
``Elvis - One of their bestsellers. My second favorite. The base is soft chocolate crust topped with whip cream and chunks of Reeses's Chocolate drizzled with chocolate syrup and caramelized banana.

*tetadventurer's review*
I know based of my review above, it's obvious that is highly recommendable. I really can't help it. This store is just wonderful. Filled with delicious treats that everyone we'll surely love. Come to think of it, it's really pricey for 100++ pesos just for a cupcake, but I definitely say that it's all worth it. Especially that Choco Cream Pie above. Heaven! But just one tip for everyone, if you really want to eat your desired cupcakes, make sure you hold your reservation. There's one point that I wanted to taste everything and when I went there, it's out of stock. So make sure you'll do. You can call their hotline @ 915 29 36

You can visit their newly made website @

2 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa,

    Thank you for such an extensive review and for the kinds words.

    We actually shared your entry with our readers :)

    Did you know that Cupcakes by Sonja is now ONLINE? We hope you could check out our sites and help us spread the word by sharing with your readers.

    FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/CupcakesBySonjaOfficial
    TWITTER https://twitter.com/CUPCAKESBYSONJA
    INSTAGRAM http://instagram.com/CUPCAKESBYSONJA
    PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/cupcakesbysonja
    BLOG http://blog.cupcakesbysonja.com/
    TUMBLR http://cupcakesbysonja.tumblr.com/

    See you soon at Cupcakes by Sonja!
    Happy Monday! :)

    -Cupcakes by Sonja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Sonjas! Sure thing! I'm glad when other people discover how great your cupcakes are! Remembering the moment when I tasted your goodies. Such a heaven! I missed your cupcakes! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...