Friday, February 21, 2014

Power Breakfast @ Cafe by the Ruins

First time trying out Cafe by the Ruins since we failed to do it last Panagbenga. 
I didn't expect that the place would be like that. 
Since it's like a small bakery from the outside. But upon entering the store...
The place is nice and has a homey feeling. Wooden interiors, wine and bread on display. 
They also offer al fresco dining for smokers
Their service was above average. They were friendly, and they served our meals fast. Say hello to my boyfie! haha
Wines
Breads on display






So here's their menu





We ordered the following:
We didn't expect that both of our meals will be served with fresh fruits and juice/coffee. 
Really a power breakfast! 
Filipino "lon-si-log" (340 pesos)- Longganisang Hubad/ Marinated Pork Cubes. I was hesistant to order this one, since I'm not fan of longganisa, but when I read on their menu that it's marinated pork cubes, I thought it's the fried porkies with just longganisa flavoring. But indeed, it's really a longganisa cubes. Kinda disappointed since I thought my meal would be like that (my fault anyway) Flavorful, but it's a bit tough upon my liking. But I'm sure longganisa lovers will love this one! 
Bacon and Eggs (340 pesos)- Thick pieces of bacon, egg and rice or pandesal. It was boyfie's order and he was disappointed when he found out that the bagnet is not available during breakfast, but this Bacon and Eggs made his day! Combination of perfectly crisp bacon plus thick slabs of bacon.Not the Poco Deli style, but it's home cured bacon. :)
Look how photogenic it is! :)

Can't wait to try their breads on my next visit! Check their page @
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafe-By-The-Ruins/38813861009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...