Thursday, April 24, 2014

Ribbon Cutting Event: Chef's Noodle at Robinson Magnolia

I usually have invites for food tasting event, but it's my first time to receive a ribbon cutting
 ceremony from Chef's Noodle that's why I'm super excited! :)
 Located at the ground floor of Robinsons Magnolia beside Robinsons Appliance center with bright yellow hues. 
The place is not that huge but they offer al fresco so you can comfortably dine even if you're in a big group.
 I love the interiors of their restaurant. It's has a modernized approach with
different antics that gives the place a homey feeling.
 Korean owner of Chef's Noodle Mr. Huk Soon with the Korean Celebrity Chef Choi In Sun showing their approval.
 Together with Chef Noodle Philippine's CEO Ms. Mary Simisim and Operations Manger Ms. Nancy Go, and the special celebrity guest, Bb. Pilipinas Pia Wurtzbach. :)
Straight from night shift, sleepless, messy hair and as much as I don't want to upload this since I'm haggard to the highest level, I can't. Pia is such a doll when I asked if I can take a picture with her. :)
 Aside from the food (ofcourse.haha) What I really love with event like this is meeting new
people and turn into blogger friends! Meet the very nice Joei herself of Joei and Me blog.:)
 Okay, moving on from being a fan, the Priest blessed the entire place together with
the quests, blogger friends, photographers and media. 
 And a candy giveaway after! Yayyyy!

So shall we start with their food?
 Red Iced Tea and Lemon. I personally preferred the Lemon Ice Tea. It's really refreshing!
 Japchae (195 pesos) - One of the dish that I loved! Unlike other Japchae, their version has this saucy version. 
It's not super sticky and dry like others which I truly love. The noodles were covered with flavorful sauce.
 Chef's Noodles (225 pesos) - As the name implies, it's one of the special dish. A noodle made of beef broth, korean noodles, leeks, bean sprout, samsek, spring onion egg roll, bulgogi and the most intriguing, the fried tofu. I was amazed with the character details of their tofu. :P This noodle is a mixture of these and that with a flavorful soup that reminded me of the classic miso soup.
 Cucumber Salad (85 pesos) - Not so much a fan of spicy foods, but I can resist trying one of their appetizers. This one is okay as well with me since the spiciness is just mild. But you can ask the server to make it extra spicy.
 Pajun (198 pesos for Bulgogi | 245 for Seafood) - I regret that I wasn't able to taste this one since it was just mistakenly put in our table. haha.
Wanja Steak Jun (298 pesos) - A flavorful korean beef patty served with egg, cheese, teriyaki sauce
and topped with sesame seeds. One of interesting finds in Chef's noodle.
 Ddukbokki Carbonara (245 pesos) - I was completely curious when I saw this on their menu. Seeing a carbonara in korean restaurant? :o And make sure to other this one when you visit. A dowel shaped pasta marbled with creamy carbonara sauce. A mouthful of these will playfully bursts flavor in your mouth. Especially the sticky texture of the pasta. Really interesting!
 Leek Shrimp Twigim (345 pesos) - A straight to the point dish made up of leeks with special tempura batter with curry. I'm not sure if the leeks overpowered the curry that's why I can't taste the curry flavor.
 Shrimp Twigim (345 pesos) - A tempura dish served with onion rings. The tempura was cooked just the way I liked it. Though I wish the onion rings was served with mayo dip? :)
 But the highlight of the menu was their Star king Fire Sushi. It will be served raw and torched in front of you. You will be asked of how you want it to be cooked. (Well Done or Medium Rare)
Torching in action
 Different kind to choose from, Tuna Sushi, Shrimp Sushi (298 pesos) or the most favorite..
 Beef Sushi (225 pesos). For some reason, I find this a bit bland for my liking. But a dash of salt with do the wonders. Oh, and don't forget to pair their sushis with their flavorful soy sauce with chili powder.!
 But from all the dishes, my favorite is their Tuna Sushi (245 pesos). Their rice balls has a bit of salt that brings out the flavor of the dish plus the fresh tuna on top. This is my favorite! :)
Always save a room for dessert! You may cap your meal with smoothies, OR
 Stairway to heaven (175 pesos)- 3 scoops of ice cream playfully topped with toppings garnished with lettuce. I was indeed happy seeing this one! I know the garnish may seem odd to others but I really loved it! :P

Check out their menu:



Overall, I was impressed with Chef's Noodle. Offering Korean Comfort Foods for affordable price but served with quality. They also offer set meals for group to share that you can save as much as 100 bucks! Will soon post a giveaway for Chef's Noodle so stay tuned! :)

Check their page @
https://www.facebook.com/chefsnoodlephils

2 comments:

  1. Sarap ng seafood pajun, dapat tinikman mo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice meeting you and Aldrin also :) See you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...