Tuesday, June 3, 2014

To Go or Not to Go? Tim Ho Wan now in SM Megamall! :)

Raves from there and everywhere, a first Michelin Starred restaurant to open in the Philippines. 
No doubt that everyone went gaga all over the internet. Falling in line for more than an hour, do you think it's worth the rave?
 
 Come to think of it, despite of what they are saying that "all dish will not go up to 200 pesos" is kinda tricky. Since everything is just dimsum. Then you'll realize that if you compare it to others, they offer one of the most expensive dimsums in Manila.
 We decided to go around 2 to 3 oclock in the afternoon, thinking that there will be no lines, but to our surprise, we were the last one on the line. In all fairness to them, the line was pretty fast that time. I think we waited for just 15 minutes.TAKE NOTE: that the person must be physically present before you can sit on your table.
 First, you have to fill up this small paper and determine quantity you like. 
Since it's their signature dish, one order of Baked Pork Bun per person only. 

For the benefit of my blog and my lovely readers, we ordered almost all of the dish.
 Rice with Chicken, Sausage and Mushroom (170 pesos) - Reminded me of what we had at Le ching. 
Nothing special on this one despite of the sauce they poured on it.
 Pork Ribs with Black bean Sauce (120 pesos) It has the right level of spiciness for me. It's good, but not superb.
 Vermicelli Roll with Beef (160 pesos) - This was okay for me. I find the lemon grass (?) not flattering to the dish.
 Vermicelli Roll with Sweet and Sesame Sauce (140 pesos) - I was surprised that it's really just a vermicelli roll with peanut and sesame sauce. No frills, straight to the point dish. But I quite like this!
 
Beef Ball with Beancurd Skin (120 pesos) - I honestly expected a lot from this dish. But it's too bland. Almost all of the dish cannot stand on it's own. Needs a lot of help from their soy sauce.
 Prawn Dumpling (160 pesos) - I must say, this is the greatest prawn dumpling I've tasted so far. The prawn was really fresh and plump. It's really good that the juiciness of the prawn comes out as you bite this. Nom
Steamed Egg Cake (85 pesos) - I don't know why I included this. Hahahaha. Taste wise, it's similar to white puto that's available around. The one on bilao. hehe.
 Baked Bun with BBQ Pork (145 pesos) Ordered 2 sets for us since it's only 1 order per person. 
I must say, for this dish ALONE, I will give this dish 5/5 star! NO DOUBT!
The super soft crumbly bread is like a pillow in your mouth with generous amount of sweet pork filling!
 Osmanthus Cake (90 pesos) - This one was really pretty!!! With strands and veins (?) of flowers. Haha. 
Tastes like jellyace with "kiamoy" and flower-y after taste.
 Mango Pomelo (90 pesos) - Saving Grace! This one really hits the spot! Refreshing mango puree with pulp of pomelo plus bits of mangoes as well. Served really cold! Sarap!
Here's their menu:
 5/5 star for the Baked Pork Buns alone. But the rest of the dish was just 2/5 star for me. I'm really sorry. :( 
But over all, I'll give it a 3! Raves in the internet really helps a lot eh? See for yourself. ;)

2 comments:

  1. That holy bun is what I'm so curious to try. with all the raves I read and seen on other bloggers, that's definitely on top of my list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Donna!

      Yes! Make sure to try that one. Especially I've heard that there are times that the buns were sold out already. Please let me know what you think about it! Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...