Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wedding 101: Cake Tasting @ Honey Glaze Cakes!

As the wedding gets nearer, the list of must accomplish things gets tighter. One of the things that we managed to booked that is not originally part of our timeline is the wedding cake. It was a friend of mine who managed to introduce Honey Glaze Cakes to me, that was introduced to her by her cousin. haha! See the power of word of the mouth? :)
As part of my routine, I have to check for reviews of a particular supplier before inquiring. I noticed that Honey Glaze Cakes has lots of celebrity clients. One of which is the recently married Yeng Constantino. Ofcourse, I didn't book them because of their celebrity client but with the quality of their products right? So I inquired with them and they promptly replied to my email then managed to book a cake tasting with them. 
Honey Glaze Cakes tasting area is located on their Commonwealth residence. It actually looked like K by Cunanan's Food tasting place. Is this a sign? hahha! (See here)
By observing the place, you can see that it is really well maintained and owner/staffs were hands on with the facilities.
 
Honey Glazed Cakes offers varieties of cakes in any occasions, flavors, customizations and sizes. The photo above is just a sample of their 4 and above tier cakes. They can even customize depending on your needs. We even saw a cake on their display same as my height! :o 
They are also pretty popular creating birthday and celebratory cakes!
We first had their Belgian Chocolate Cake together with some juice / coffee. We were told that this cake is their best seller. Mind you, there's really a reason why this cake is their best seller. It's really good. The cake itself was so moist and rich, and the chocolate layers were really sinful. This is a surely a one quality chocolate cake!
We really devoured on their Belgian Chocolate Cake, and I told boyfie that it's already hard to top the first one. But when they served the Rocky Road cake, Oh my! Now we got confused on which is on the number 1 spot! You know that I'm such a butter cream baby, and every spoonful of this cake is heavenly. The chunks of chocolates, nuts, and marshmallow plus the thick generous amount of cream brought me to cloud nine. No, I am not being exaggerated here. I mean it, it's really good. I actually wanted another slice but there's more to come. haha!  
Blueberry Cheesecake - Their blueberry cheesecake is also good. Combination of tangy blueberries and creamy cheesecake. But to tell you honestly, we still caught up with their rocky road cake during this time. haha!
Caramel and Walnut Cheesecake (left) - Surely can't be left off. The generous amount of walnuts, and thick caramel is a symphony in the mouth that blended well with the tangy cheesecake.
Carrot Cake (left) is surely match made in heaven for conscious healthy eaters out there. I believed it has nuts and raisins and topped with cheese on top. Honestly, this is surprisingly good. But you know, boyfie and I were not fans of healthy eating (HAHAHAH) that's why this can be skipped for us. 
After the negotiations and planning, we finally have a Wedding Cake! :) The price will (ofcourse) vary depending on the tiers and design that you have. Special request like if you want to have full edible cake, flower details and so on. The owner Aileen is also hands on with the preparation and promised us that she will be the one who will personally handle the cake on our wedding day. :) (I intentionally blurred the design of our cake since I don't want to giveaway all the details of our wedding). 

This may be an unexpected booking, but we surely didn't regret any bits of it. We enjoyed our cake tasting and what more upon seeing our dream wedding cake? So for the soon to be wed couples out there, or simply looking for a cake maker for your events, better check Honey Glaze Cake and you'll see why I am raving so much about them. See their page here.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. I know Honey Glaze because I read about it somewhere. Good choice, Tet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Em dear! Yup! We really enjoyed their cakes especially the Rocky Road! hihi! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! Thank goodness I saw your review Teta! Now we have idea where to get our wedding cake. Will inquire them the soonest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! You're welcome! Better inquire and book them as soon as possible :)

      Delete
  3. That was fun, Theresa! Those cakes were mouthwatering and they all look really delicious. I want to try their cakes, too, especially the Belgian Chocolate Cake and the Blueberry Cheesecake. Aah! They are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for the next cake tasting! hehe! Thanks for dropping by the blog Heart! :*

      Delete
  4. love the cardigans <3 i miss you tetadventurer! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAH! Lamoyan kapatid! I super duper missed you! See you the soonest! :* :* :*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...